Red River Youth Academy accepts boys ages 8-17 and girls ages 12-17 with behavioral and emotional disorders including those related to severe aggression, suicidal ideation, homicidal ideation, and self-harm, that are disabling and could not be managed or have not been manageable in a less intensive treatment program.
Criteria for admission include any physical aggression towards others within the last 48-72 hours, and up to two weeks prior, and an escalating pattern of self-injurious or assaultive behaviors such as:
- Physical aggression (hitting or shoving others, throwing things at others, etc.)
- Domestic violence (causing physical harm to someone in the home)
- Behavioral problems at school involving physical altercation with teacher, peers, and/or staff
- Self-harm (cutting self, hitting head, punching self, etc.)
- Suicidal or homicidal ideation
Other criteria include:
- No sexual offense history or sexually acting out
- No autism spectrum disorder
- IQ range must be higher than 70
- Must be medically cleared
We accept SoonerCare, most private insurance, and private pay.
If you are considering Red River Youth Academy and would like more information, please call (405) 701-8530 or toll-free (866) 635-7102 to speak to our intake coordinator at ext. 231.
If our admissions criteria do not match your needs, you may view a list of other residential treatment resources here.
Click here for a list of items to bring for intake.