Red River Youth Academy accepts boys ages 7-17 and girls ages 12-17 with behavioral and emotional disorders including those related to severe aggression, suicidal ideation, homicidal ideation, and self-harm, that are disabling and could not be managed or have not been manageable in a less intensive treatment program.
Criteria for admission include any physical aggression towards others within the last 48-72 hours, and up to two weeks prior, and an escalating pattern of self-injurious or assaultive behaviors such as:
- Severe anger outbursts (screaming, throwing things, etc.)
- Physical threats against others or themselves
- Aggression (hitting others, threats with a weapon, bucking up to adults, etc.)
- Domestic violence
- Behavioral problems at school
- Verbally abusive and/or threatening behavior
- Destruction of property or fire setting
- Self-harm (cutting self, hitting head on walls, punching self or walls, etc.)
- Suicidal or homicidal ideation
- Animal cruelty
Other criteria include:
- No sexual offense history
- IQ range must be higher than 70
- Must be medically cleared
We accept SoonerCare, most private insurance, and private pay.
If you are considering Red River Youth Academy and would like more information, please call (405) 701-8530 or toll-free (866) 635-7102 to speak to our intake coordinator.
If our admissions criteria do not match your needs, you may view a list of other residential treatment resources here.
Click here for a list of items to bring for intake.